Monday, October 15, 2012

There Are Those Who Think and There Are Those Who Act



So which am I?



I am a thinker.
Or, in more poetic terms, I am an intellectual. I do not wish to change. I am happy with this truth. I am pleased with the way I am and I will tell you why. My brain is constantly
cognitive. There is seldom a moment my brain is not considering a thousand things at once. All the while that I am contemplating the innumerable possibilities in my mind, I am also interpreting my surroundings into a way that suits me. I am a firm believer that reality is only what you believe in. Reality is only what you perceive. Reality is what you accept it to be. Reality is what you make it. I look at what i see around me and then I put on a sort of opaque haze in front of it that shows things the way I want to see them. Some call this madness and they may be right. People ask me what I think my best feature is, expecting  a response about my hair, eyes, teeth, eyebrows or something of the like.  I always, always answer my imagination. I swear by the value of a good imagination. The ability to change the world around you is not one to be taken lightly. The talent to train your mind to control your dreams should be coveted. The inspiration to muse scribblings and splatters onto a paper and form complete thoughts is what I posses and I would not want it any other way.

          This statement, I realize, has been rather vague. To use a specific example, I will use a topic I have given a lot of thought to; love. In the style of a true hopeless romantic I will rant about the differences between my thoughts and my actions and comparing the weight of both to prove why I am an intellectual, on the matter of love.

          I think  about love all the time. Not as a present thing or even for me. I think about it as an idea. As a common thought throughout the human race. As a gift of us for us. I honestly am hopelessly devoted to a being that will never feel the same way and this development has made me come to realize a great many things about love. Love is a very individual thing. There are very few blanket terms. this all reverts back to the fact that every human being is different. So love is different to all of us. However there are general ideas that are common threads in many happy healthy relationships. Love is very personal, as it should be. Most of my rants and raves are very annoying and wistful so I'll stick to my above all definition of love. Love is being yourself with someone else. 

         Most of my time is used daydreaming imagining how things will be and this is all fine and good. As I mentioned before I love having this ability. When the most fun happens is when I don't think and I just act. This is also very potentially dangerous and stupid but that is what growing up is all about. We are young, after all. Having the passion in your life to stir you to be spontaneous and make reckless decisions is part of human existence. A very stupid, entertaining, and treacherously fun part, but a necessary part, nonetheless. 



So in short, I am a thinker but I am also an actor.







No comments:

Post a Comment